Site PluginsWhile there are a variety of mobile options now available to you, simply adding plugins to your existing site is the easiest and cheapest way to out your site on the mobile device radar.
- Mobilize by Mippin and other “app factories” can quickly and easily convert your site to a mobile app. Follow step-by-step instructions to convert your site without the use of code or other programming languages.
- Additional add-ons can add flair to your mobile site. For example, apps that utilize near field communications (NFC) technology enable customers to make purchases on the go.
Site Conversion ToolsDownloadable tools give you a wider range of options for converting your site to mobile format. These tools often come with a small monthly fee to maintain the mobile site.
- If you’re looking for an option that requires minimal effort on your part, you can use downloadable tools like bMobilized to convert your retail site to a mobile-accessible format.
- For a larger, retail-heavy site, look into creating a brand new domain name for your mobile site and with resources that help you convert your online website – which may contain thousands of pages and links – into mobile format.
OutsourcingSometimes the best option for creating a mobile site is to outsource it to a company that specializes in mobile web design. These services can vary in cost, but can guarantee a professional mobile site tailored to your exact specifications and needs.
- Make sure the company you’re working with has experience in designing sites specifically for product-heavy retail. These companies will know how to optimize your site to ensure fast load times, increased traffic, and successful sales.
- Always check references and testimonials before choosing a company. View and explore other mobile sites that they have developed. Make sure that the services they offer are on par with your current business needs and goals.
Making Mobile Retail Sites Simple was last modified: April 4th, 2017 by