A recent study released by LinkedIn showed that 87% of content marketers are using social media platforms as part of their marketing tactics. Of those marketers, 91% prefer LinkedIn over its competitors. Twitter and Facebook account for 85% and 81%, respectively. Real estate agents, in particular, see social media as an affordable platform to increase their visibility in the market, deliver improved customer service, and provide timely feedback and customer engagement. But there are other marketing tactics to consider.
Just behind social media, articles on websites (81%), and email newsletters (80%), blogging is making strides. Despite its affordability, businesses disregarded blogging as an effective tool just a few years ago. Today, blogging is seen as a sufficient development and marketing tool for most businesses, including real estate. There are a number of reasons for the increase in blog activity, and these are just a few:
- Blogs are now highly regarded as credible sources of news, insight, and information.
- Blogs do exceedingly well in internet search engines, thereby increasing traffic to your website.
- Blogs can be used to develop relationships with prospective homebuyers and sellers as well as nurture existing relationships with current customers.
- Blogs are more apt to be shared socially. As aforementioned, 87% of content marketers are using social media to gain recognition. Blog sharing through these channels will, not surprisingly, increase the amount of influence you have in your market.
- Real estate agents are creating leads and gaining customers as a result of blogging.
For your blog to be effective, you will need to gain an audience by establishing a reputation of expertise and developing content that will drive potential customers to your website. Perhaps you’re wondering what kind of content will attract this attention. The most important thing to focus on is the customer.
Real estate agents are in the business of helping people buy and sell their homes, and this process comes with a lot of questions. By providing content that will suffice as answers to your customers’ concerns, you will develop authority and a voice in your market. You may also consider using blogging as a means to show your knowledge of the real estate market, the current housing trends, as well as real estate and mortgage news updates.
If you’re interested in blogging but don’t know where to begin, Paveya’s experts can help. If you plan to start a blog or already have an existing one, we have a few helpful tips to consider:
- Be consistent. People tend to follow blogs similarly to the way they watch the news or read their favorite newspaper or magazine. They want information that they can rely on and in a timely fashion. If your posting becomes erratic, people may forget to follow you. To prevent this from happening, schedule your blogs to post on a specific timeline. Consistency proves your sincerity towards your blogging and your business.
- Format your blog in a professional manner. Providing a clear format—one that includes headlines, short paragraphs, bullet points, and images—will give your readers a chance to skim the content. Poor formatting will likely turn readers away.
- Be precise. Write on specific topics and avoid ambiguity and general references. Your customers want explicit answers to their questions.
- Develop unique content. If you find information that you want to share, be sure to site your sources. However, your goal should be to establish a voice of expertise in your subject matter, so original content is best.
For additional blogging and real estate marketing tips, contact Paveya at 855-372-8392.
We look forward to helping our customers CREATE leads, CONNECT with customers, and GROW their business.