9 Twitter Tips to Improve Your Business
There are over one billion people on social media today. Facebook alone has 1.06 active monthly users, both personal accounts and businesses alike. Similarly, a Twitter account is essential for your business. If you do not yet have an account, it’s quite simple—go to Twitter.com and sign up. Use your name, email, and password—it’s that easy.
Not convinced that you need one? Below are several ways that you could utilize Twitter to increase your audience and recognition:
1) Tweet instant updates. Twitter is one of the most easily accessible and widely used sources of the news these days. If someone wants to know what’s going on in a particular area or about a certain topic, you bet they can find what they need on Twitter. You can join the millions of others already tweeting and get in on the action.
2) Tweet local news. Again, it’s a great place to find information. If you have news about a local event, a new school in the area, a charity you want to support, or really anything of value to you and/or your community, it’s worth a quick tweet. Be the source of information that people are looking for on Twitter. Good stories will increase your credibility and make your page worth following. It will also prove your connectedness in the local community, a must for someone in your line of work.
3) Tweet about your business and listings. This is a tricky idea because you don’t want your followers to think of you as pesky and spammy. Your social media accounts should stay personal and social; after all, the name suggests it. As a general rule-of-thumb, no more than 20% of your posts should be about your listings. Pictures are highly recommended, and you can give brief information about the home.
4) Tweet tips and suggestions. You can help your clients out by tweeting suggestions about various topics, including how to properly stage a home, how to make moving less stressful, etc.
5) Encourage participation. You can do this by asking questions and engaging your audience. Pose new questions daily or weekly to increase participation. An example may be, “What are you most excited about in your new home?” This can be a fun way to stay engaged with your clients—past, present, or future.
6) Use #hashtags where necessary. Using hashtags on Twitter will get your tweets noticed by more people than just your followers. You will, however, want to keep the hashtags relevant and specific. Keeping the language very specific and relevant to your content will increase the likelihood that the appropriate audience will locate your message.
7) Use @mentions. You can mention specific brands, clients, and businesses in your tweets by using the @ symbol in front of the person, business, or brand that you’d like to tag in your post. @Mentioning will ensure that your post will be seen by that person. You can use @mentions to congratulate a new homeowner, to post a “thank you,” or to shout-out to a local business, charity, or brand.
8) Use contests and promotions. Similarly to Facebook, Twitter allows you to promote contests and sweepstakes. Get fun and creative with this. Think photo contests, photo-caption games, writing competitions, etc. You can award the winners with something to promote your local community, like a gift certificate to a restaurant, shop, or spa.
9) Keep your page well-balanced. The majority of your content should be social and personable. Every once in a while, you should throw in a tweet about your listing(s) or a contest opportunity.
In general, your social media accounts should be used to connect you with your audience. They are best utilized when used to stay engaged with clients and the local community.
If you would like suggestions on how to increase your audience using Twitter, or you need help getting started, the social media experts at Paveya are here to help. Call us at 855-372-8392.
We look forward to helping our customers CREATE leads, CONNECT with customers, and GROW their business.