Every real estate agency faces the same internet marketing challenges, including the creation of engaging written content for their blog. In some regions, realtors might be competing with dozens of other real estate companies. To stay ahead of the competition, it is important that you stand out in that sea of agencies by writing meaningful blog posts, not just a list of your favorite local restaurants and attractions.
This article discusses the goals of real estate blog content, topic ideas, and content writing tips that will benefit any real estate internet marketing campaign.
Goals of Written Content
Here are a few goals to keep in mind as you begin developing your list of blog topics. Remember that your aim is to
- promote your company;
- establish a reputation of expertise;
- increase traffic to your website;
- develop relationships with prospective buyers and sellers;
- nurture existing customers so that they will continue to think of you when someone asks them for a realtor recommendation;
- out rank your competition in specific internet searches; and
- sell more houses.
Topics to Generate Web Traffic
One element of successful real estate internet marketing is to blog about your niche market. Real estate companies must develop content that will drive potential customers to their website with focused, thoughtful articles that answer a question.
So what questions are your customers asking? Here are a few ideas to get you started:
- Detail what your staff does special to support its clients. For example, if your agency promotes a new listing in a unique way, write about it. Detail what makes your customer service superior to that of your competitor’s.
- Interview a customer. Highlight a successful transaction with a current client by guiding your reader through the entire buying or selling process. Be sure to elaborate on what attracted your client to you and how the experience inspired you.
- Explain what is special about your area. Every spot has its unique features. Promote your area by including reports on regional history, annual events, attractions, unique wildlife, locally manufactured products, or a food that is produced in the area.
- Report relevant real estate surveys, statistics, and studies, both regionally and nationally.
- Share information about community and government services in your region. Post announcements about road or bridge closings. Anything that can affect a traveler.
- Discuss the types of homes and properties that buyers are searching for so that your agency can attract more qualified sellers.
- Instruct buyers on how to prepare for the process and what to expect.
- Guide sellers on how to prepare their house for the market.
- Describe how your agency keeps up with the latest technology. For example, explain the newest home search features on your website or how sellers can benefit from your new virtual home tours.
- Write about what buyers and sellers can expect during a home inspection.
Content Writing Tips
- Post at least twice a month.
- Use social sharing icons on each article.
- Write articles that are 500 to 600 words long.
- Insert keywords that potential buyers and sellers will use to find your agency.
- Avoid general topics, narrow the focus and be specific.
- Develop unique content.
- Site your sources.
- Plug your company.
Blog writing for real estate internet marketing will be well worth your effort over time. Create a schedule, commit to writing quality content, and watch your new leads roll in!
Need help creating content for your real estate blog? Paveya can help. Contact us at 855-372-8392.
We look forward to helping our customers CREATE leads, CONNECT with customers, and GROW their business.