Content marketing is a key component in an Inbound Marketing strategy, which is a non-interruptive online marketing approach that attracts visitors through interesting content and therefore brings attention and ultimately new business to your company. The idea is to educate your potential buyers on issues they are interested in and they will in turn be more likely to reward you with their business and loyalty.
Just as people don’t want to have a conversation with someone who only talks about themselves, potential customers are not as attracted to your company when the only thing you talk about is you. People want answers to their everyday questions and they want to learn about things that will enrich their lives in some way. When creating marketing content for your vacation rental company, you should apply the 80/20 rule, which means 80% of your content should be informative and helpful, while only 20% is spent promoting you.
Here are a few ways to create intriguing content:
When your potential customers are searching the web for information on their next vacation, be the one they stumble across by creating optimized content that answers the questions they are asking in a creative and informative way. One great way to do this is by creating a blog, or personalized webpage, showcasing a local attraction, informing about upcoming events in your vacation area, featuring a property, or presenting helpful How-To’s, to name a few.
The possibilities are endless, but here are a 4 subject ideas to get you blogging in the right direction:
- 10 Things You Don’t Want To Miss While Visiting [Insert Your Location Here]
- The 5 Scariest Slopes in [Insert Your Location Here]
- How [Insert Your Location Here] Got Its Name
- 5 Great Fishing Spots in [Insert Your Location Here]
Consider some of your buyers’ most frequently asked questions or target their interests with short, informative and visually stimulating videos. Try one of these for example. You can replace the information in brackets [ ] with information that applies to your own local area.
- Use a GoPro to Document a journey: “Walk With MeThrough [Oregon’s Coastal Rainforest]”
- Give a video tour of a local landmark: “Climb [Cape Hatteras Lighthouse] with Me.”
- Guide a video tour of your properties’ best porches: “Experience Complete Relaxation From One of These Magnificent Porches.”
- Short, helpful video clips: “How to Survive the Car Ride, or “The Top 5 things You Should Look For in a Vacation Rental”
Longer than blog posts, eBooks are good to distribute a lot of valuable information to a potential customer in one downloadable, visually pleasing document. Try one of these. You can replace the information in brackets [ ] with information that applies to your own local area.
- The Official Guide to [The Outer Bank’s] Top Attractions
- The Guide to Shopping, Dining and Nightlife in [Snowtop Mountain]
- A Guide to Discovering [Hatteras Island’s] Hidden Gems
- The 5 Best Ways to Explore [Oregon Beach]
People love visually appealing content that gets right to the point, and BuzzFeed-style lists do just that. They are popular, entertaining and easily shareable. They are also easy to create, as well. Check out the ideas below and use PlayBuzz to get started making your own. You can replace the information in brackets [ ] with information that applies to your own local area.
- The Top 10 Best [Sunset Views on the Outer Banks]
- Don’t Leave Home Without It: The 10 Most Common Travel Necessities Left at Home
- 10 Greatest [Sand Castles of All Time]
- 10 Things You Won’t Believe About [Duck, NC]
The way in which you share this information is also important. Take a look at 5 Vacation Rental Pros to see how they use their social media as an outlet for their content marketing.
Have you discovered other great content marketing ideas through your own experiences? Share them in the comments section below!