The economy is finally taking a significant positive turn, and the home building industry is on tap to experience a much-improved 2015. With the economy beginning to cooperate, it’s up to builders and their marketing teams to successfully attract the new influx of interested home buyers. Staying up-to-date on the latest industry trends will help you tailor your marketing strategy to emphasize factors that are influencing today’s buyers. Here are several important industry trends to consider as you begin to implement your 2015 marketing strategy.
- Builders will construct more, less expensive homes (Zillow).
- Millennials will overtake Generation X as the largest group of homebuyers (Zillow).
- Home prices will increase 4.5% (Move).
- Home affordability will decrease 5-10% (Move).
- Demand for housing will increase as a result of an increase in income and employment (Kiplinger).
- Sales of new and existing homes will increase 5.4% in 2015 (Fannie Mae).
- Families forming new households will reach its highest point in 3 years in 2015 (HIS Global Insight Inc).
Adjusting your marketing efforts to inform and attract first time homebuyers will be quite important. The new group of homebuyers (millennials) entering the marketplace is a significant opportunity in which your home building company should look to capitalize. Millennials are more tech savvy than Generation X and Baby Boomers, so they are ready to be marketed to in a modern fashion. Use social media outlets such as Pinterest and Facebook to your advantage. The web is where millennials spend a good portion of their free time and this is where they are ready to be marketed to.
Over time, the main selling points of new homes have become the kitchen and bathrooms and we expect this trend to continue into 2015. If you want to impress potential homebuyers, effective marketing of these rooms will be crucial to your company’s success in the New Year.
2015 Kitchen Design Trends
The kitchen has become the main room in which we socialize when inside the home (more so than the living room). With that said, it will be important that your company designs and markets fashionable and functional kitchens. The image above from Sioux City Journal is an example of a great kitchen that will impress home buyers in 2015.
- Open Shelving: Consumers are falling in love with the uncluttered feel provided by open shelving and limited cabinets.
- Patterns and Wallpaper: Don’t be scared to add some wallpaper to certain parts of the kitchen. Wallpaper and patterns made a comeback in 2014 and this trend should only continue into 2015.
2015 Bathroom Design Trends
Like the kitchen, emphasizing the attractiveness of a new home’s bathrooms is will also be important in impressing your business’ potential home buyers. In order to successfully attract your potential homebuyers to a home’s bathrooms via effective marketing, make sure you are designing bathrooms in a manner that meets the demands of the market.
- A push back to simplicity will be sought by the market this year. Design a bathroom that offers sleek lines and slightly reduce the “coziness” of the room. Free standing, cabinet free sinks are also expected to be popular in the New Year.
Keep up with industry news and information to make the most of your marketing efforts this year. Subtle adjustments to your home builder marketing strategy can lead to a noticeable increase in sales.