Today’s vacationer is relying on online searches and information more than ever. Over 62% of vacationers have researched their upcoming trip online through search engines and vacation websites. This means that having your vacation rental website optimized for success is more critical than ever. The majority of vacationers are choosing online sources first and ensuring your website is seen as professional, informative and attractive can be the difference between a bounced vacationer and a new booking. Use some of these tips to improve your vacation rental website and reap the results of bookings.
Use SEO-Friendly Vacation Rental Software – Be sure your vacation rental software integrates with your website in a search engine-friendly way. Software that is not SEO-friendly can jeopardize your chances of being found by renters via search engines. Look for vacation rental software that has the following capabilities:
- Allows you to create unique HTML title tags and meta descriptions for each page on your website
- Allows for SEO-friendly URLs that contain keywords and are as short as possible
- Information about your homes exists on your website and visitors are not redirected away from your website to view information about individual homes.
Mobile-Friendly Website with A Responsive Design: Last year, over 30% of all internet traffic originated from mobile devices, doubling from 2012. What does this mean? If your vacation rental website isn’t mobile-friendly and implementing a responsive design, you may have a high bounce rate. A high bounce rate means you are losing website traffic, leads and the most critical piece, bookings. A mobile-friendly site recognizes that a user is using either a smartphone or a tablet and populates a mobile-friendly version of your website to enhance user experience. Having a responsive site not only improves traffic and leads, but it can assist users on the go during their vacation as well, improving your customer service.
The Ability to Book Online: If you haven’t invested in vacation rental software that allows renters to book online, you are probably missing a significant number of booking opportunities. More than half of all travel reservations are now made online because people enjoy the convenience of browsing and booking online. In fact, today’s travelers expect to be able to book online. If you aren’t providing your audience with this feature, they can – and will – easily go find it on many of your competitors’ websites.
Credentials from Review Sites: Do you have glowing reviews on review websites such as TripAdvisor, Kayak or Yelp? Flaunt it! Adding any certifications, excellence awards or other positive review labels can help make a potential vacationer feel confident that booking with your company will be a great experience. One of the best certifications to add to your website is the TripAdvisor Award of Excellence badge. Link these badges to your review page on each site to create confidence and to show off your customer service abilities. Even if there are some bad reviews on these sites, responding to them promptly with a positive attitude and meaningful solution will show the reader that they can still trust you for their vacation.
Blog Integration: If you do not have a blog, you are missing out on a great opportunity to reach new customers and be seen as a vacation industry leader. Adding a blog can do the following for your website:
- Improve SEO: Blogs enable you to frequently add high-quality content to your website, which contributes to strong search engine optimization.
- Improves Social Engagement: Sharing your blog content in social media can help grow your social audience and increase your brand awareness. If your content is relevant and helpful, users will click on and share your blog posts, driving more traffic to your website.
If you already have a blog, optimize its performance with the following tips:
- Add Social Sharing to Blog Posts: Be sure to add social sharing buttons to all blog posts. This will make it easy for readers to share your blog posts with their social networks.
- Add Calls-to-Action into Your Blog Posts: A Call-to-Action (CTA) is a graphic that encourages a blog reader to click and receive more information on a particular topic in exchange for their contact information. Be sure your CTA is attractive and gives the reader a direct action to complete. Use phrases such as “Search for Your Perfect Vacation Home Now!” or “Download Your Free Vacation Guide Here!”
Integrating these tips into your vacation rental website will boost your website traffic, create more leads and help increase bookings. Have more questions about vacation rental marketing? Check out our blog or contact Paveya at email@example.com!