The real estate market is extremely competitive. Brokers plaster their faces and names all over promotional products, billboards, banners, business cards, etc. with the hopes of being noticed and remembered. In the world of internet and mobile everything, how can you get your name (and maybe your face, too) out there for buyers and sellers to see and remember?
AdRoll and AdWerx are two innovative ways to run a digital ad campaign. AdRoll is a retargeting platform that puts your ads in front of people who have visited your website. After installing a code on your website, it anonymously tracks your visitor data, and when previous visitors are browsing other major websites, your ad will be displayed to them. This is a great way to stay top of mind and to remind potential customers to check back in or continue their home search with you.
AdWerx is a real estate-specific platform that allows you to target internet browsers by zip code. Your ad will be displayed regardless of whether or not the individual has visited your website. AdWerx also offers the option to display your ads to a list of contacts that you provide, or to promote a specific listing with the geographic targeting of your choice.
AdWerx works by placing your ads in front of internet users within a specific zip code. You pay a monthly fee for 10,000 views (impressions) of your ad to individuals located in your chosen zip code. Zip code rates vary. There are only five slots for each zip code, creating an exclusive commodity. You can purchase multiple zip codes, or multiple slots within the same zip code, but once the five slots per zip code are sold, no other agents can get in.
For AdRoll, you set a weekly budget maximum that will not be exceeded. You are charged based on the number of impressions and clicks, so it is possible that you may end your campaign under budget if enough activity isn’t taking place around your ads.
Both platforms show you a chart with a breakdown by day of the number of impressions and clicks on your ads. Because AdRoll is set up on a price model, you are able to see more data like CPC (cost per click), CTR (click through rate), CPM (cost per one thousand impressions), and more. With AdRoll you can also see the exact sites that your ads are displayed on with your ad performance data for that specific site.
AdWerx is only for real estate agents whereas AdRoll can be used by any type of business. AdWerx ads are only in one size – 300×250 pixels – and AdRoll allows for a variety of sizes while still including the classic 300×250 pixel rectangle.
- You have the option to create more ads in various sizes, which allows a greater potential reach
- More ad performance data is available to help you understand how much you are spending and how effective your ads are
- Ability to segment visitors based on the pages that they have viewed on your website
- Ability to track conversions
- With your campaign setup they will design five new ads for free
- Retargeting means you are only reaching individuals who have visited your website previously
- With more options and data, understanding and properly using the platform may be more difficult
- Facebook campaigns run separate from web campaigns
- Targeting specifically to individuals in a small geographic area
- Ad builder will help you easily customize your ad based on their template, or you can upload your own completed work
- You can create listing specific ads to announce a new listing, or price change, etc. and have the campaign anywhere from one week to five weeks
- Simple, easy to use and setup
- Displays ads in Facebook newsfeeds
- A medium rectangle 300×250 pixels in the only size ads that will be displayed
- You cannot block specific IP addresses, therefore your ads may be displayed to individuals you are not targeting, potentially wasting a small chunk of your allotted 10,000 monthly views (for example: employees, family members, etc.)
Overall, both ad platforms are a great choice for real estate professionals. AdWerx may be best for someone wanting a basic internet ad campaign or to boost their web presence. It will get your name out there to individuals in your area or the location of your choosing and start to draw interest and traffic to your website. AdRoll is helpful in converting website visitors, making its platform more suited for individuals who already have good website traffic and want the extra push to get home sellers and buyers on board.
As digital marketing specialists, our staff at Paveya is ready to help you start your internet ad campaign. We offer services to design your ads and completely set up and run your campaign for you. Contact us on our website for more information, or give us a call today at 1-855-372-8392.