If you were known as the ultimate home building expert in your region, wouldn’t you have an advantage over your competition? Of course you would. What home buyer wouldn’t be interested in choosing the ultimate expert to build their home? Inbound marketing provides the perfect way to establish yourself as the ultimate home building expert in your area. Through inbound marketing, you create and provide helpful website content for home buyers – helpful content that answers the questions they have during their decision-making process. 90% of home buyers turn to the internet for information when buying a home. If they frequently find your company providing answers to their questions, it won’t be long before you are seen as the expert in your area. Inbound marketing for home builders helps ensure your company appears where people are searching for answers. Here are three important tips for implementing inbound marketing to establish yourself as the home building expert in your region.
Write Blog Posts that Answer Home Buyer Questions
You work with home buyers every day. Put yourself in their shoes, and think about all the questions they have asked you over the years. Chances are you could write a great blog post full of information that addresses each question. If you publish blog posts on your website that provide answers to questions home buyers research, your blog posts will likely begin to show up in search engine results for those questions. This will increase qualified website traffic and leads. The more helpful blog posts you publish, the more often you’ll appear in search engine results. If home buyers constantly find your company providing the answers to questions they search, you’ll quickly become the local expert in their minds. Here are suggestions for helpful blog posts.
- Why Custom Built Homes Aren’t Always More Expensive
- Top 10 Benefits to Building a Custom Home
- 10 Tips for Designing the Perfect Custom Home
Offer Downloadable E-books That Provide Helpful Content
Blogging drives people to your website and gives them the first indication that you are the expert. Solidify that fact for them by providing additional helpful content that they can download in exchange for their contact information. This has several benefits. It shows you are the expert and it provides good website leads. Providing additional information also brings the prospect further into their decision- making process, which brings them closer to buying. Here are topic suggestions for effective e-books.
- Information on Local School Districts
- How to Choose the Right Custom Home Builder
- When is the Right Time to Buy a Custom Home?
Promote Your Blog Posts & E-books in Social Networks
Blog posts don’t just help with search engine traffic. They can also help drive a large amount of traffic from social networks, allowing more people to recognize you as the expert. The most important social networks for home builders include Facebook, Pinterest, LinkedIn, and Google+. Here are strategies for posting to each of these sites.
- Pinterest: When pinning your blog posts on Pinterest, be sure to include keywords such as your geographic location and the term “custom homes” or “new homes” in your pin descriptions. This will help people find your Pinterest boards when they conduct keyword searches on Pinterest.
- LinkedIn: In addition to posting blog posts to your company’s LinkedIn page, you should join LinkedIn groups using your individual profile and post helpful blog posts in those groups. You should choose groups that focus on locals, such as your local Chamber of Commerce group.
- Google+: For Google+, you should post a summary of your blog posts with more detail than you typically do in other social networks and add a hashtag that includes your local city or area. The first line of your Google+ post should be the title of your post. This will help with search engine optimization.
- Facebook: One of the best ways to use Facebook to promote your blog posts and drive traffic to your website is by using Facebook ads. In a Facebook status update on your company page, post a link to your blog post or to a webpage where people can submit their contact information to download an e-book. Then go to your Facebook Ads Manager and create a “Page Post Engagement” ad. Target this ad to people in the cities you want to reach. You’ll also be able to target people who see the ad based on age, interests, and other parameters.
Publishing helpful content on your website and promoting it through social media are two important aspects of inbound marketing. Implementing these tips will establish you as the home building expert in your region and help increase qualified traffic to your website. To learn more about the entire inbound marketing process – from attracting website visitors all the way to closing the sale and generating referral business – check out “How Builders Can Use Inbound Marketing to Sell More Homes.”
If you are interested in implementing inbound marketing to improve lead generation for your own company but you simply don’t have the time, give Paveya a call at 855-372-8392! We are experts at using inbound marketing to generate more leads for builders!