Lead generation is a direct result of efficient and effective marketing. Turning visitors to your website into actual leads is accomplished by creating content that resonates with your home building company’s buyer personas. Small changes in email text, calls to action (CTAs), email images, and other content can dramatically impact that content’s ability to attract potential home buyers and turn them into leads.
Without testing different versions of the emails and other various content, your home building company is basically assuming that the current format can’t be beat. While this is possible, it is highly unlikely. Use A/B testing to improve upon your company’s current content marketing.
What is A/B Testing?
A/B testing, also known as split testing, is a method of testing through which marketing variables are compared to each other to identify one variable that brings a better response rate (Source: Hubspot). Comparing the success of one piece of content to the other based on a single variable will give your company a clear picture of how individual parts of your content are affecting their overall success. Read below to find out the best items to test when attempting to improve the rate at which your website traffic is converted into leads.
5 Things You Should A/B Test to Improve Website Traffic Conversion
Email Subject Lines
The subject line of the emails that your home-building company is sending to its contacts can have a huge impact on both the open and click-through rates. This, in turn, impacts the amount of leads those emails generate. 33% of email recipients open emails based only on the subject line (Convince and Convert). Therefore, it is well worth your time to test a variety of different subject lines.
Email Sending Times
Are you reaching your target audience at the best possible time? If you are not sure, then it may be time for you to begin testing your emails. Send the exact same email at 2 different times and compare the results. This form of testing is incredibly simple, but can have a major impact on website traffic. Only 49% of businesses test the right day and time to send their emails (Source: Econsultancy). Don’t allow your home building company to become part of the remaining 51%!
Images in Emails
Test the success of those emails with an image compared to emails without one. Furthermore, test the effectiveness of one image style against another. Soon you will know exactly what types of visuals your target audience prefers, if they prefer images at all. It’s also important to test images this way because the presence of images in emails may cause them to get caught up in the spam and promotional filters of some popular email service providers like Gmail. If you’re emails without pictures have a better open rate than those with pictures, then those with images may be getting caught in filters and you should refrain from including images.
Wording of Calls-to-Action
Be sure that you know your potential home buyers as well as you think you do. Word a single Call-to-Action in two different ways to see which style best appeals to your audience. Not only will you know which current Call-to-Action will perform better, but you can word future CTAs in a similar fashion. Maybe your target audience prefers a simple Call-to-Action such as “Download Your Free Buyers Guide,” or maybe something descriptive like “Get Your Free Buyers Guide to Dallas Custom Homes” would be more effective. With A/B testing, your home building company can determine what works with your potential home buyers.
Placement of Calls-to-Action
Learn where you should be placing Calls-to-Action within your emails and on your website pages. Test where they should be placed to increase the likelihood of potential home buyers clicking on them. After performing A/B tests, you will know whether CTAs should be placed in the top or bottom of the page as well as what side of the page they should be on.
Begin testing your home building company’s marketing content to ensure you are getting the best ROI possible. If there is any part of your marketing mix that you are unsure of, test it! Knowledge gained from A/B testing is priceless.