Inspiration and imagination is an important characteristic to the success of every business venture. In a world where digital storefronts are becoming the norm, separating your eCommerce operation from the crowd can be done through original ideas and utilizing existing as well as innovative new technology. More businesses are leaving the traditional ‘brick and mortar’ fronts because it limits their overhead while expanding reach into a potentially world-wide audience pool.
Whether you’ve developed a website for your small business before, are familiar with eCommerce logistics or if you’re looking for advice on building a quality digital storefront for your existing or future small business, it’s important to find inspiration and creativity all around you. Finding the ‘voice’ of your business and its focus is essential because it will guide you in your decision-making process. It will help you determine what is on track and what distractions are causing you to deviate from the course.
To get the gears flowing, here are 10 famous, obscure, or otherwise inspirational quotes to think about, write down and recall during the beginning stages of building your online eCommerce website.
- “The worst enemy to creativity is self-doubt.” Sylvia Plath
- “Others have seen what is and asked ‘why.’ I have seen what could be and asked ‘why not.” Pablo Picasso
- “A lot of singers think all they have to do is exercise their tonsils to get ahead. They refuse to look for new ideas and new outlets, so they fall by the wayside… I’m going to try to find out the new ideas before the others do.” Ella Fitzgerald
- “I never made one of my discoveries through the process of rational thinking.” Albert Einstein
- “You have to be burning with an idea, or a problem, or a wrong that you want to right. If you’re not passionate enough from the start, you’ll never stick it out.” Steve Jobs
- “Imagination is the beginning of creation. You imagine what you desire, you will what you imagine, and at last, you create what you will.” George Bernard Shaw
- “If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn’t thinking.” General George S. Patton
- “We have to continually be jumping off cliffs and developing our wings on the way down.” Kurt Vonnegut
- “I realized I was more convincing to myself and to the people who were listening when I actually said what I thought, versus what I thought people wanted to hear me say.” Ursula Burns
- “______________________________________” Got some inspiration? Good, this line is for you. _____Your Name here_____